We are delighted to announce Sittingbourne Community College has achieved a ‘Good’ judgement from the December 2013 Ofsted inspection under the new school inspection framework. Here are some extracts:
- The headteacher has implemented new policies and procedures. This is substantially improving the quality of teaching and so raising students’ achievement.
- The quality of teaching is at least good and continuing to improve, with many examples of outstanding practice.
- Students achieve well and the progress of different groups of learners is improving rapidly.
- Students’ behave well in lessons and around school. Students are courteous to adults, welcoming to visitors and respectful of one another.
You can find the full new Sittingbourne Community College Ofsted Report 2013-14 here.
Welcome to The Sittingbourne Community College
Welcome to The Sittingbourne Community College. Everything that we do is centred around student success, maximising potential and raising aspirations to enable them to have the skills needed for adulthood. We provide our students with a range of experiences and opportunities, and with hard working and dedicated staff, we can provide an excellent place in which to learn.
We are proud of what the College has achieved so far and are determined to see further success in the future.
The Sittingbourne Community College takes seriously the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and staff.
Our aim is to create an ethos in which pupils, staff, parents and carers feel confident to talk openly in the knowledge that they will be listened to. We are committed to providing an environment in which all members of the school community feel safe, secure, valued and respected.
Click here for the full document
Term date changes
Please be aware of the following changes in term dates for 2014
Term 1 2014 will start on Wednesday 27 August 2014 (Staff Development Day)
Students return on Thursday 28th August 2014
End of Term 1 2014 will be Friday 17 October 2014
Half term will be Monday 20 October 2014 – Friday 31 October 2014 (2 weeks)
Term 2 starts on Monday 3 November 2014
From November onwards term dates will be the same as KCC published term dates for the 2014/2015 academic year.
Staff Training Days
The following days the school will be closed for students due to staff training.
Wednesday 26th March 2014
Tuesday 1st July 2014
Wednesday 23rd July 2014
School Direct Information Evening
Interested in a career in teaching? We are holding an information evening for School Direct Teacher Training within Swale Academies Trust on Monday 24 February 2014 at Westlands School, Westlands Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 1PF. Drop in between 5.00 - 7.30 pm, to meet Trust representatives and current trainees.
Please visit our website for further details www.swaleacademiestrust.org.uk
For preliminary enquiries you are welcome to email: email@example.com
School Direct applications can only be made through UCAS Teacher Training, www.ucas.com/teacher-training
Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about the college.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of the college, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour.
By sharing your views, you'll be helping the college to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said. Or, if you want to, view the results for any school in England. Performance charts are also available on the Department for Education website.
- Tues 25/3 #Options Evening for all year 9 students and parents 5-7pm. Meet depts. throughout the evening, and listen to the talk at 6pm. Thu Mar 06 11:20:42 +0000 2014
- Parents of SCC yr 11 students are invited to a coffee evening on 6th March at 6pm to discuss supporting students in the build-up to exams Tue Mar 04 09:02:34 +0000 2014
- All year 10 students must return their immunisation forms by Mon 3rd March, even if their child is not having the vaccination. Fri Feb 28 08:37:15 +0000 2014
- #CHANGEOFDATE – SCC #StaffTrainingDay has changed from Fri 14th March to Wed 26th March – apologies for any inconvenience caused. Fri Feb 14 10:39:48 +0000 2014
- Reminder that there will be AS and A2 mock exams starting straight after half term – students should be using next week to prepare. Fri Feb 14 10:39:15 +0000 2014
- If you left Post 16 after 2013 and haven’t received your certificates can you please contact the school. firstname.lastname@example.org Fri Feb 14 08:56:40 +0000 2014
- Reminder that SCC have a non uniform day on Friday 14th Feb. Students are encouraged to wear red and make a voluntary contribution of £1 Thu Feb 13 12:03:50 +0000 2014
- Reminder that it is SCC’s year 8 Parents’ Evening tonight, we hope to see as many parents as possible. Thu Feb 13 08:38:24 +0000 2014
- Fri 14th Feb is a non uniform day at SCC – students are encouraged to wear red and bring a £1 donation. Wed Feb 12 08:28:01 +0000 2014
- A reminder that SCC Year 8 Parents evening is Thur 13th Feb - 3.45 to 6.45pm Mon Feb 10 08:52:41 +0000 2014
- Come along to SCC’s Dance Show ‘Bourne in the USA’ - Wed 12th Feb - tickets available from the school. Mon Feb 10 08:51:54 +0000 2014
- #SchoolDirect Teacher Training. Drop in information evening on Monday 24 February 2014 at Westlands School, 5 - 7.30 pm Tue Jan 28 13:31:55 +0000 2014
- Our recent #Ofsted report has been posted on our website. Tue Jan 21 08:40:35 +0000 2014
- Term times have slight amendments. Please visit the website. t.co/z8OUkSpO9x Thu Jan 16 08:44:06 +0000 2014
- Sixth Form Open Evening. Thursday 14th November 4.30-6.30pm. Find out about the courses we offer here at SCC & meet our staff. Wed Nov 06 16:09:15 +0000 2013
- Poppies have been on sale in school for the last two weeks. Please donate to this appeal and wear their poppy with pride #PoppyAppeal Thu Oct 24 08:21:17 +0000 2013
- Potential national industrial action on Thursday 17th October. May affect our ability to accommodate all pupils. Check back for updates. Thu Oct 10 12:03:45 +0000 2013
- #OpenEvening 3rd October. Doors open at 5:30pm and close at 8:00pm for any new students. See you there! Thu Sep 26 15:21:06 +0000 2013
- Left SCC before 2012? Need your exam certificates? Please contact the College before 9/8/13, Mon to Fri, 9am to 4pm Wed Jul 17 09:32:48 +0000 2013
- New Year 7 students start SCC on Wednesday 4th September 2013. Wed Jul 17 08:58:37 +0000 2013